My Talking Thai Phrasebook App will be available around the end of February of next year. It will join the list of Paiboon Publishing's highly praised language learning apps, designed for Smartphone and tablet devices for both iOS and Android operating systems, making it convenient and handy in all travel and study situations.
- The phrasebook can be searched both ways Thai–English and English–Thai making it useful to both English and Thai speakers.
- Perfect for tourists, businesspeople and expats with over 10,000 words and phrases in more than 200 categories.
- Clear sound recordings of a Thai native speaker for every Thai word and phrase will help you learn to speak the language properly.
- Convenient and cost effective because it works without an Internet connection and without any data charges.
- You don’t just pick from a limited number of phrases. Hundreds of intelligent phrases let you type in the actual details you want in English, and then see and hear the complete phrase in Thai—a first in the industry.
- Built-in currency and units converter gives you the advantage when shopping or traveling.
- You can find words and phrases conveniently grouped into common categories, or type any English or Thai keyword and instantly see a list of all phrases containing that keyword.
- No other phrasebook will allow you to search by the sound of a Thai word like our app does by the use of our easy-to-understand Thai pronunciation guides of Paiboon Publishing and other popular systems.
- Thai characters always have a pronunciation guide to help you speak and recognize them.
- Make the text as big as you need to see it clearly and you can customize the keyboards and layout.
- Convenient web-browser-like navigation that you are familiar with makes your search history easy.
- Buy with confidence as you enjoy free lifetime upgrades with expanded vocabulary and new app features.
iOS version will work on all iPhone models, iPad, and iPod Touch and will be available mid-February 2013 at the Apple iTunes store.
The Android version is compatible with all Smartphones and tablet devices with an Android operating system and will be available mid-March 2013 at the Google Play Store.
Here is my interview on Voice of America (Thailand) about the app. Sorry it's all in Thai.
Benjawan's Interview on Voice of America
Paiboon Publishing's Talking Mandarin Phrasebook App will be available around the middle of January 2013. It will have the same features as the Talking Thai Phrasebook App and a few more features that are especially designed for the Mandarin language.